Sunday 3 April 2011

Back to the painting board....




Well I've finally unpacked my paints and brushes! Having travelled for over 3 months, I had a lot of bottled up inspriation! And glass is one of them. I find it really difficult to paint from real still life, usually having to take a photo first and then working from that. So I've set myself up a challenge, to paint bottles and nick-nacky things from my mum's house. And believe me there are lots of interesting things to paint! These bottles are from my mum's old bottle collection actually, obviously they're a bit rough, perhaps I'll go back over with another layer once I work out what is missing.

Once I've mastered them I've got a new challenge, to paint 20 paintings in 20 weeks, and auction them for charity. I'm sure people will want to buy them? I thought perhaps painting everyday scenes from my city would be a good theme, any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I was wondering if you were coming back! And yes, painting glass without a photo is difficult for me too. You sound so full of inspiration & ideas. Looking forward to see what you do & I'm hoping it's contagious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you! How was your trip? Nice bottles!

    ReplyDelete